- Born in Bologna (Italy) on May 2, 1948.
- Office address: Department of Mathematics, University of Parma
Viale G.P. Usberti 53/A, 43100 PARMA (ITALY)
Phone +39 0521 - 906915
Fax: +39 0521 - 906950
- 1972: Doctoral Degree in Nuclear Engineering, University of Bologna.
- 1973: Research Fellow, University of Bologna.
- 1975: Research Associate, University of Bologna.
- 1978: Assistant Professor in Nuclear Reactor Physics, University of Bologna.
- 1982: Associate Professor in Nuclear Reactor Physics, University of Bologna
- 1987: Full Professor in Mathematical Physics, University of Bari.
- 1991: Full Professor in Mathematical Physics, University of Parma
- Visiting Professor at the following International Institutions :
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (U.S.A.),
National Institute of Nuclear Research, Swierk (Poland),
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Blacksburg, U.S.A.),
Universitšt Kaiserslautern (Germany),
University of Virginia (Charlottesville, U.S.A.),
Universitšt Ulm (Germany),
University of Kyoto (Japan),
University of California at Los Angeles (U.S.A.),
Centro Atomico Bariloche (Argentina),
University of Warsaw (Poland),
University of Arizona (Tucson, U.S.A.).
- Research interest:
transport theory, kineric theory, non-conservative interactions in
gas dynamics, exact solutions of
the Boltzmann equation, discrete and semidiscrete kinetic models, chemically reactive gas mixtures, granular flows,
hydrodynamic limits, evolution problems, stability.
- 200 scientific pubblications , mainly in International Journals.
* * *
back to home